Laramar Group Launches Updater to Ease Move-in Process for New Residents
Chicago, IL (September 12, 2016) – The Laramar Group has partnered with Updater, an automated and guided web application that eases the moving process and provides their residents a seamless moving experience.
“We are very pleased to be offering this great service to our new residents,” says David Egeland, VP Marketing at Laramar. “Updater is an easy-to-use, on-line resource that helps our residents with a wide range of services such as forwarding your mail, updating your key financial accounts, and connecting your utilities.”
Updater helps Laramar residents save hours of time with the following features:
- Purchase Renter Insurance : Updater users can purchase renter’s insurance directly through their Updater account.
- Update Accounts : New residents can automatically update account records for up to 15,000 business, including magazines, newspapers, alumni associations, charities, retailer loyalty and frequent flier accounts.
- Connect Home Services & Utilities : Updater helps residents transfer utilities, set up digital services, and schedule in-home installations.
- Forward Mail: Updater files each resident’s official U.S. Postal Service mail-forwarding form; the resident never has to set foot in a post office.
- Schedule In-Home Moving Estimates : Updater helps residents schedule up to three in-home estimates with reliable, Updater-approved moving companies.
- Send Digital Moving Announcements : Residents can notify friends and family that they are moving with a custom digital e-card to post on social media or send via email.
Claim Move-In Offers
: Updater provides special offers and exclusive deals on moving services and expenses, such as discounts on professional cleaning, cardboard boxes, and
This new relationship with Updater underscores Laramar’s commitment to customer service and technology with the end goal of improving overall resident experience. The Updater service is now available across Laramar’s entire portfolio in all core markets, including but not to limited to Chicago, Los Angeles, Denver, San Francisco, Washington DC, St. Louis, and Tampa.
The Laramar Group, founded in 1989 and with corporate headquarters in Chicago and property management headquarters in Denver, is a national real estate investment and management company with more than 600 employees across the U.S. With an established strategy of pursing value-add investments in multi-family real estate on a national basis, The Laramar Group and its predecessor company have invested roughly $3 billion throughout the United States and currently owns and/or manages approximately 15,000 units and over 1M square feet of retail assets. For each of its own investments, The Laramar Group oversees all renovation programs – from concept to construction – and property management. For more information, please visit www.laramargroup.com.
Updater makes moving easier for the 17 million households that relocate every year in the US. With Updater, users seamlessly transfer utilities, update accounts and records, forward mail, and much more. Hundreds of the most prominent real estate companies in the US (from real estate brokerages to multifamily and relocation companies) rely on Updater’s real estate products to save clients hours with a branded and personalized Updater moving experience. Headquartered in New York City, Updater has raised over $30 million from leading investors, including SoftBank Capital, IA Ventures, Commerce Ventures, Second Century Ventures (the strategic investment arm of the National Association of Realtors®), and more. For more information, please visit www.updater.com.